Each month, chef Jean Marc Banzo and head chef Pascal Consani design a recipe that anyone can do. Their originality lies in the choice of ingredients and the way to prepare them. No salmon, nor truffle nor foie gras, but basic ingredients that can be found in markets or supermarkets. In the magic hands of Jean Marc Banzo and Pascal Consani, anything ordinary will simply become star.
The recipe of this month, like all the others, is based on three fundamental elements. First, the ingredients should be commonly found and used. Second, the cost per person should be within the range of 3-5 euros. Third, the recipe must be simple to follow…. and of course with a great culinary passion and the joy to share!
Chef of the month: Pascal Consani
Who is Pascal Consani?
Recipe of the month:
Tomato salad with basil
Toasts with cream cheese
Ingredients (for 8 persons)
- 4 long aubergines
- 1 red beef tomato
- 1 yellow beef tomato
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 scallions
- 8 French olives Picholine
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 100ml olive oil
- 20ml balsamic vinegar
- 10ml sherry vinegar
- Ground pepper
- 200g cream cheese (St. Moret)
- 1 mini olive baguette
Preparation Method (about 1 hour):
- Wash the vegetables.
- Blanch the cherry tomatoes. Peel them, then dry them in over for 12 minutes at 100°C.
- Peel the aubergines. Cut one slice out from each of the two longitudinal sides. They are reserved for making puree.
- Cut the central part of the aubergine into half longitudinally. Make a few slight cuts on one side, season with olive oil, pepper and salt. First fry them on a pan (or griddle). Then cook them en papillote in the over for 30mins at 180°C.
- Cut the olive baguette into mini toast size. Grill them in oven until they turn golden brown.
- Cut the side slices of the aubergines into small cubes. Cook them in a pan with scallions to make the puree. When it is ready, add capers and anchovies.
- Put some puree onto the aubergines and add sherry vinegar and balsamic vinegar.
- Cut the tomatoes into cubes. Season them with olive oil, vinegar and basil.
- Arrange the tomato cubes and the cherry tomatoes on top of the aubergines.
- Add basil into the cream cheese and blend well.
- Spread it on the mini toasts.
- Put the toasts on the tomatoes and the olives.